HybridZ

black dragon weatherstrip kit

280z4me2

I bought a kit back in the day, Precision I believe. Not too sure on what Black dragon uses. The door seals and hatch seals aren't the greatest but everything else fit pretty good. I've replaced the doors with kia sportage ones. I've still get a different hatch one.

I had bought one before last winter when i did a repaint, the door gaskets and windshield rubbers were the only parts that did not fit right at all. The part that locks over the lip all around is too tall when installed making the soft sealing part higher all around making door fitting a real issue. I even pulled the new ones off and reinstlled the old ones to compare, a 1/8" here and there does add up. If i had to do it again i would get the universal door seals from jcwhitney. they will send samples so you can pick the right one. The lip on my datsun is 3/8" high, the inside measurement of the seals i got measure 1/2" on the inside, 1/8' top and bottom = 1/4" front to back the same thing. After a summers worth of use, 2 days a week, they have loosened up some but the bottom fit is still a problem and i aint going to raise my doors for them to fit, i happen to like the body lines matching up more.

The windshield rubbers are fine around the glass but the outside circumference is not wide enough, i have both top corners that the rubber will go inside the gap, I had to fill it with silicone to keep that from happening. I did not buy the aftermarket one they sell i bought a supposedly oem set.