HybridZ

Tuning AFM

g3nesis

So I have been having loss of power after 3500k rpm and it not really being able to break 4k rpm under load, my gas mileage is not doing to great either. I found that my #6 cylinder was not firing, replaced plug (was very dark and fouled most likely from problem with CSV that was been fixed as well) so thats correct now. Fuel pressure is holding at a steady 32-35PSI. I switched to dished pistons per furture turbo build from the flat tops (f54/p90acombo) so obviously I'm running a lower compression ratio. Ran car for a week and just pulled plugs to look at them. #6 still looks a little darker then it should be but 5-4-3-2-1 are looking lighter then they should be so I believe I'm running lean, is this correct? How do I tune my AFM correctly? Searched for it but I was hoping to find a more picture by picture instructions on how to do this.

Edited by g3nesis

I would get a portable A/F gauge and do some street tuning. But I would first be more worried about why #6 is quite a bit richer that all the others, replace all plugs do a full throttle run down the highway for a bit pull them an see if they are all even. Before you mess with the AFM you want to make sure everything is mechanically sound with you motor first.

I would get a portable A/F gauge and do some street tuning. But I would first be more worried about why #6 is quite a bit richer that all the others, replace all plugs do a full throttle run down the highway for a bit pull them an see if they are all even. Before you mess with the AFM you want to make sure everything is mechanically sound with you motor first.

Yeah I was thinking about doing that before even making the post. Think I will stop by the auto parts store and pick some up. I'm gapping at .040 is this the correct amount or am I too high?