HybridZ

Does anyone know of a shop near Raleigh capable of an R200 build?

Rosco

• 2 weeks later...

Any leads on a reputable shop near Spartanburg, SC for setting up my 280ZXT, R200 diff with Quaife LSD?  I have 3.70 gears with Strange halfshafts and Porsche CV joints.  Built in '02 by Greg Scott at Scott Performance in Santa Clara, CA, it's been noisy since the start...backlash, pinging, noise in both directions of loading. Only have 1200 miles or so, mothballed for ten years after Turbo Tom's death in 2005.  Got it going this Fall, and is complete except for this awful diff noise.

Thanks for any tips!

Not sure if the setup is your issue. My OSGeiken LSD is noisey after it gets warmed up. It chaters

You could spend $70 to ship it somewhere, $200 to reset it, another $70 to ship it back and have the same issue. If you know it's not set up correctly then the money would be worth it. I only know of 2 places willing to set up an R200 long nose but I'm sure someone near you can as well. East Coast Gear Supply in Raleigh NC, and http://www.gounitrax.com