HybridZ

ZCAR.com ROTM

Phantom

Back in the day - like 20 years ago - zcar.com used to have a car of the month.  There was a lot of interest in it and some really sweet rides were picked and given a nice write-up.  Evidently in my years here on HybridZ getting my modification plans together and executing a lot of them that feature on zcar.com went away.  About a year ago I lurked on the site a few times and noticed that so I asked the administrators what had happened to it.  Evidently a few others asked about it too so now they have come up with a ROTM (ride of the month).  On a lark I pulled up some photos of my car and submitted them last month only to have it win.  Not a big contest since I was up against one other car.  Interestingly it was an all original 280ZX with only 22,000 miles on it.  Really nice looking car.  I'm surprised it didn't get the nod.

What's kind of cool though is this is the 3rd time my car was selected - Feb of 1999, Aug of 2003 and now Sept of 2015 - and all with the same $2,500 paint job. :-)

Only way it wins though is because the really beautiful cars, for some reason, don't get submitted.  I don't get it but I'm not complaining.

Edited by Phantom

• 3 weeks later...