I came across this car and was wondering what the group thought.
Here is what i found
1973 Datsun 240z
- White, repainted at some point (overspray on door seal)
- Rust on both rockers near the rear wheel wells
- bubbles on the fender wheel wells
- Rust under battery tray
- Rust on passenger side frame rail to floorpan attach point
- Rust on passenger floor, need to check the driver side as well
- Bubbles on the bottom of the doors
- From 10ft away the paint looks ok, but it is faded and not shiny
- 300zx ugly wheels
- 280zx mirrors :/
- Bumper trim missing
- Front bumper dented
- Originally red (only rear panels left)
- Seats and door panels recovered ( not a great job)
- Dash has a single crack
- Headliner peeled off
- Vinyl on trans tunnel replaced with carpet
- Car has been sitting up but according to the current owner the car runs and drives. The current owner doesn't know how to drive a stick.
- I would assume it needs struts, bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. maybe a clutch and some carb work.
The guy inherited the car and is looking to sell it, his asking price is much higher than what i thought it's worth, but I'd like to get opinion from others.