HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
Ken Smith

280z to 280zx mirrors

Hello Ken, I have mounted the ZX mirrors on my 75 with just a few challenges. Seems I used the original ZX brackets (the ones inside the doors) in reverse. Left on right, right on left. I had to remove a little material to get them to sit just right. I just mounted the RH side and matched the LH side to it as far as location.

I have yet to connect the remote control as I am pending a console replacement. I had to buy 2 sets to get all them both to work correctly electrically.

Assuming you have the doors apart, nothing that can not be done in an afternoon.

Hello Ken, I have mounted the ZX mirrors on my 75 with just a few challenges. Seems I used the original ZX brackets (the ones inside the doors) in reverse. Left on right, right on left. I had to remove a little material to get them to sit just right. I just mounted the RH side and matched the LH side to it as far as location.

I have yet to connect the remote control as I am pending a console replacement. I had to buy 2 sets to get all them both to work correctly electrically.

Assuming you have the doors apart, nothing that can not be done in an afternoon.

Thanks, and yes the doors are gutted ready for paint. Why did you reverse the inner mounting brackets? I know there is a square reinforcement in the way but it seems like the bracket will fit into it. I'll have to double check. I am not going to use the power option since I am not wired for power.