HybridZ

Got the RB on the dyno.....

BRAD D

Well I got my car on the dyno and tuned it a bit, Hit 334HP @ the wheels. I think I can get some more out of it but I have to get my alternator working better. It was not charging well enough to keep the fuel pump happy. And I also want to look at the boost settings it was around 13psi.

So we tuned it a bit rich 10 to 1, just to be safe. So when I iron out some more bugs I will re-tune it on the dyno.

The other thing they told me was that there was a load on the rollers they were not free wheeling. I dont know a ton about this stuff????(what dose that mean?) but I would of liked to got another 50HP or so out of it :?

Cool Brad. I'd have expected higher numbers at 13psi too, but I know nothing about RB's really. Sounds like there is lots of power still available through tuning if that was at 10:1.

As for load, is your parking brake stuck on or something? I assume that when they say the rollers aren't freewheeling, they mean on deceleration, and that would mean that your car was slowing them down at a higher rate that normal... brakes applied, etc would cause that... some sort of extra rolling resistance. If that were the case, your power number would be low as well.

No, they put a bit of a load against your car or some thing like that?? "some sort of extra rolling resistance" some thing like that.

My brakes are fine...I think :-D

Well it pulls hard,. it is blistering my BFG drag radial and I have not even spun them hard. I should take a photo.

And I now think LSD is over rated in a straight line. Hooks hard :shock:

Well when they dyno your car, they need to make it work, ie: simulate the load that it would see on the road if it was actually driving and moving its own mass. So they load it up that way.

I'm confused I think. I thought you meant that there was a load on the rollers when it should have been freewheeling. But now I suspect you were asking why there was a load put on the rollers. ;) Yeah, see above paragraph.