HybridZ

TiAL External Gate Install on OEM Manifold *PICS*

240hoke

I dont know of any downside of using it on the OEM manifold. I used it to keep temps underhood down, I dont have a heat shield on my intake manifold so it helps out there and in addition to that my to4 b housing is run without a spacer so it is very very close ot hte manifold. Oh and i think its pretty :)

oinojo -- its more of a chainsaw noise lol

I posted the video in the nontech board, but ill post it hear again for future reference:

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~alhoke/TurboNoises.wmv

Very nice! I did the same thing, but on my 86 turbo Z31. I used a Greddy type-R wastegate. You're right... it is like a chainsaw.

Downpipe (sorry about pic quality)

Pictures016.jpg

Pictures007.jpg

Pictures002.jpg

Wastegate

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

I used a 1.75 inch hole saw, and cleaned everything up with a die grinder. The dump tube is SS, but the feed tube is mild. The downpipe/exhaust is SS as well. I was lucky enough to have a TIG handy. Your mig welds look great. I can't mig to save my life, but tig is another story :mrgreen:. I welded on a V-band flange on the turbo, and had to make a filler piece for where the internal gate flows into the exhaust, so the turbo has SS welded to both cast and mild. 6 months of getting it to 1500F and back to normal temp and no cracks. I love that holset.

BTW, the wire loom has not melted, but I wrapped it as well with header wrap.

Good to see some fabricated parts look so clean. Very nice setup.

The setup looks awesome, I ran/run an external wastegate(it uses a 12v smog valve to cut the boost to the diaphram when not on N20) that is used in conjunction with an internal wastegate.A friend just put an external unit with a 60-1 vented to atmosphere and it sounds great, just don`t want to be near any traffic cops when it sounds off.