HybridZ

newbie LSD question

Hi Jordan, welcome!

The 300ZXT LSD R200 from the 87.5-89? will work if you swap the finned rear cover for the 280Z rear cover, and use the usual R200 mustache bar. And you need to take the driveshaft flange from a 280Z R200 and swap it for the one on the front of the 300ZXT R200.

The 280ZXT CV shafts will work one of two ways:

1) use the modified 280ZXT companion flanges (as I outlined on my site and this site's tech articles) and the 240Z stub axles you have in your 73.

2) Swap to 280Z stub axles and companion flanges and either have the adapter I show on my page, or do the plate-welded-to-the-280Z-companion-flange mod that Scottie did.

The 300ZXT shafts are too long.

The brakes you use have nothing to do with the rear, halfshafts, or stub axles you use, as they interface with the strut housing and the lugs of the stub axle the same way, independent of which stub axles you use.

It also non-LSD and LSD makes no difference whether you are using the CV or U-joint halfshafts. All these parts swap around.

[This message has been edited by pparaska (edited June 23, 2000).]