HybridZ

clutch fork issue

I am installing a SBC 350 from a 91 blazer and I mated it to a T5 from a mid 80's camaro. The issue I have is that the clutch slave cynlinder has a plasic strap over it. I guess this is normal it says do not remove. But with that on it does not touch the clutch fork or at least won't have any throw to engage the clutch. I have checked the year ranges for my parts and I dont' see how I can have something mixed up. Any ideas? Seems I need a longe shaft in the slave or a more bent clutch fork, or a clutch that is thicker, or a bearing that is taller.

I might have misunderstood but are you referring to the plastic strap that holds to push rod in place during transportation? (See photo) http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=18408&cat=500 It should be removed when installing the Clutch Slave (CS).

You might also consider my alternate CS setup for the T5 gearbox. You find it as a sticky in the Drivetrain section.

Best regards

ThomaZ

Thanks, at first I had the strap off but in the box there was a note to not remove the strap. I thought this was pretty strange. Thanks for pointing out the writeup on the alternate solution. I have already spent the money and hammered on my floor for the JTR solution so I will give it a try but now I know there is an alternate if I have issues.