HybridZ

240sx Rear Caliper Swap Issue - E-brake Actuation

I redid my system yesterday, and it seems to be working just fine now.

I don't know if it was a good idea or not, but I removed the spring at the end of the cable. The spring is about an inch long fully compressed, and that was about how much more travel I needed to activate the E-Brake. Now I only have a slight bit of pre-load on the caliper.

Don't know; they came with my fully loaded reman calipers. Should be in the FAST system.

- Greg -

Those ebrake brackets on your calipers are different than the ones I got when I got my calipers. The brackets that I got were black, and straight with a section at the end for the cable to go in, though the 240Z cable doesn't fit it properly and comes out from time to time. When I got my new calipers, I got ones to fit a 1989 240SZ. Which year of 240SZ calipers did you get? Perhaps the brackets are different from year to year.....

I need one new bracket for the passenger side since the one that was in there fell out. It would help to know which year to go looking for at a wrecking yard to find that particular one that you have there.

Greg

I need one new bracket for the passenger side since the one that was in there fell out. It would help to know which year to go looking for at a wrecking yard to find that particular one that you have there.

Greg

Have you tried to equalize the cable? If your tight on one side and loose on the other that may be your problem.

The Z e-brake is one cable that connects at each end of your caliper, and a bracket in the middle that pulls both sides equally.

As far as what bracket to get, I don't know. I'm using a conversion kit from MSA(reasonably priced). However I sourced my own 240SX S13 rear calipers @ $120 a piece loaded.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PBC12/24-5581

Have you tried to equalize the cable? If your tight on one side and loose on the other that may be your problem.

The Z e-brake is one cable that connects at each end of your caliper, and a bracket in the middle that pulls both sides equally.

As far as what bracket to get, I don't know. I'm using a conversion kit from MSA(reasonably priced). However I sourced my own 240SX S13 rear calipers @ $120 a piece loaded.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PBC12/24-5581

I sourced my own calipers too....the '89 240sx ones with the hangers included....but one of those hangers fell off when I was driving the car, so only one side of the ebrake cable will work until I get a new hanger for the passenger side. I've been checking the wrecking yards, but those 240sz's aren't in there very often.

Greg

You might want to contact Modern Motorsports to see if they will sell you just the brackets.

I dunno, when I ordered my kit they weren't offering the calipers, and they specifically stated to get a set of calipers "with hangers". Since I didn't know wtf "hangers" were, I just ordered the most complete remanufactured examples I could get (no good JYs around here for pick-n-pull). They didn't come with the brackets, though by the time I got the kit and installed it I had completely forgotten about them.

Just order them from Nissan at your local dealership's parts counter. Should be 44195-35F00 GUIDE-ADJU or 44196-35F00 GUIDE-ADJU. Securing bolts (one for each bracket) are 44252-01P04 BRACKET. Sorry, I can't remember which is right and which is left, I took the brackets out to inspect them at the counter and didn't remember which was which, just installed them (good thing they're marked L and R). Each bracket is around $25.

• 8 years later...

I dunno, when I ordered my kit they weren't offering the calipers, and they specifically stated to get a set of calipers "with hangers". Since I didn't know wtf "hangers" were, I just ordered the most complete remanufactured examples I could get (no good JYs around here for pick-n-pull). They didn't come with the brackets, though by the time I got the kit and installed it I had completely forgotten about them.

Just order them from Nissan at your local dealership's parts counter. Should be 44195-35F00 GUIDE-ADJU or 44196-35F00 GUIDE-ADJU. Securing bolts (one for each bracket) are 44252-01P04 BRACKET. Sorry, I can't remember which is right and which is left, I took the brackets out to inspect them at the counter and didn't remember which was which, just installed them (good thing they're marked L and R). Each bracket is around $25.

I realize this thread is now 8 years old, but this information right here solved a problem I've been chasing for months so I am bumping it so google analytics pick it back up.

I too did a 240sx rear brake swap, but bought calipers from a parts store, and they didn't come fully loaded with these cable stays/guides. I've been trying to fit a parking brake cable to my car while missing a piece, driving myself insane.  <_<

Edited by Benz