HybridZ

What clutch are other v8 guys running?

FiveSeventyZee

I'm replacing the clutch on my 240 and I can't really figure out from the online stores descriptions which is better for me. I have a 240z with an L98 5.7L out of an 89 camaro. stock other than intake manifold, carbed and exhaust. I'm looking for a streetable clutch but it's not a daily driver so I'm not real worried about it being too stiff. the funny thing is even on the centerforce website I cannot figure out which of their two clutches is better.

at this point I'm pretty much down to centerforce and spec. I just don't know which part suits my needs best. any input/experience is appreciated

I'm running a Spec stage II plus and quite happy with it. Pedal pressure is street friendly and it doesn't grab like a racing clutch. Holds the power and torque of my 6.7L V8, but then again I'm not running slicks, just sticky 245 wide Toyo RA-1 road race DOT legal tires.

I can only tell you this about how much power:

-Desktop Dyno 2000 says about 500hp, 500ftlb - but I don't think it's quite there - its not really tuned well.

-I could stay right with a Ford GT from 20-140mph on the back straight at VIR - glued to his bumper but not able to pass - I did that a few times in a row.

-I've never dyno'ed the engine or the car.

yeah, thats WAY more power than i forsee my engine making anytime soon. Like I said before, I'm aiming to be between 250 and 400 for both HP and torque. So the way I'm seeing this is that spec clutches are definitely good, and based off my goals I really have no need for anything more than stage one. Would this be a better route than the centerforce? has anyone used it?