HybridZ

260Z wiring..

Of course I have the JTR book.

I believe the "electrical" section to be wrote for 240's, so it might differ a little from my 260z?

I have a 260z, with a production date of 3/74. Right now I'm tackling the wiring, and could use a little help.

I only need to find the wiring for my HEI, starter, starter solenoid, alternator, and the A/C compressor.

The book says a "White" wire goes for the starter. I believe this is true for my 260Z. I have located a heavy gauge WHITE wire. For the solenoid, I have a black-yellow wire that goes to a 4 connection plug. Is this the correct black-yellow wire?

I have located a WHITE-RED wire. It goes to a 2 wire plug. The other wire, is the heavy gauge WHITE wire that I mentioned above. Correct wire for a one-wire alternator?

I need to find the wire for my BAT terminal on an HEI. The book says it's a BLACK-WHITE wire with a protective sleeve. I do not have a BLACK-WHITE wire with a protective sleeve. I have 3 BLACK-WHITE wires that all go to a 5 connection plug, and 1 other BLACK-WHITE wire that goes to nothing. There is just a crimp on terminal on that single wire.

I'm using all aftermarket gauges, so I'm not worried about the gauge wires. I just need the wires mentioned above. I will also wire in a fuel pump on my own.

The motor is out of the car, the harness is unwrapped completely. I'm using a first generation small block with HEI.

I know this is a tall order, but all the wiring diagrams I've found online contradict each other, and I'm at a stopping point.

Hey harrison, you should download the FSM and find your wiring diagram. Google 260z wiring diagram and see if you can download one. I had to do this because the '78 is unique to the year. I have since spent hours with it blown up on my 46" television going through my engine harness to modify it for the v8 swap I'm doing. I don't remember which one specifically on the 280 harness that I singled out for the HEI connection you are referring to though. When I get home I will try to remember to check it and post.

Edited by emeraldlion