HybridZ

RB25 Series 2 boost problems?!?!

Weston

Hey guys. I know I haven't been on here in FOREVER! But I REALLLLY need help!

I had a build thread going on here for my RB25 into my S13 240.

Well I finally got it all "done" and drivable. But now I am having issues that make me quite angry. lol.

I can't boost the car!?!?

I will be driving and when I floor the throttle the turbo spools, the cars sounds happy, and then it pins at 3 psi and sits there. Thats it. No more boost!?!?!

I can't figure it out!!!

The car is bone stock. Stock MAF, stock ECU all of that. I had an over heating issue but my Tstat was stuck closed so I took it out for the time being.

Only once in a while when I go to floor it the car hesitates, almost feels like fuel cut. Then it acts fine and still revs up. But no more than 3PSI of boost.

I have checked for leaks, I changed my BOV, I have a 255 fuel pump. New gaskets on the motor. I use premium gas. I just don't know what to do....

PLEASE HELP!

And if it is easier for you (or if willing) you can call me at (803) 404-1958

Thank you!

Check wastegate spring if it always pins itself at exactly 3 psi and doesn't deviate. Use starter fluid and spray it around where the silicone couplers are to see if there's a pressure leak. Depending on how your intake ducting is, if it's rubber, I have heard of that collapsing under boost and cutting off the airflow to the turbo. Check out the coilpacks and spark plugs if it's hesitating.

That's all I can think of, good luck.

Alright. Looks like it is the WG. I unplugged the boost reference and went to boost it. Once I saw 7psi I let out of the throttle and just drove normal. I didn't want to over boost it ya know.

So now I either need a WG remedy that may fix my problem or a new WG.

I actually don't have the solenoid. It was removed.

But I do think I got my boost thing fixed.

My current issue is some weird fuel cut thing. It leans out, like a burp, while in boost. Most of the time while in boost I am in low 11's AFR's. Then I have this little pop where it leans out. And the car loses power for a moment.

I have all stock fuel system minus a wlly 255 pump. So I don't see how I am actually not having enough fuel. If anything I would think too much. I am running stock boost. Actually less. I noticed today I can only get 5-6 PSI.

I am going to try a different MAF and see if that is a problem. I just don't get it. There is nothing evident for a lack of fuel.

• 2 weeks later...