HybridZ

Do I have to run hard line for the transmission oil cooler?

DC_S13

I am currently in a v8 swap with my z, I need to run the trans cooler lines off the trans next its a very tight fit under there. I was wondering what kind of pressure they put out. Can I screw in the hard line into the transmission with 4" of line curved to the front and then clamp on a hose to go from the line off the tranny to the trans cooler or is it so much pressure that I need to run a hard line from the trans to the cooler? Please excuse my question if its a total newbie question. I'd rather just run a short enough piece of line to throw a hose on and run the hose to the cooler but I also don't want to do so if i'm gonna be on the highway and then the line pops off spitting trans oil all over everything. Any help would be appreciated.

cooler pressure are usually 70-100 psi. you can fun rubber line but make sure its transmission fluid compatible or it will deteriorate. Also you need to run those hose fitting with a little flare at the end to help keep the hose one. Or you can just run steel braided an lines.