HybridZ

Air conditioner evaporator

I have a 260 Z that I am working on to get the air running. It has an evaporator case with an ARA tag That reads Datsun 280 Z(Grand Prairie Texas) I know this must be aftermarket or dealer add on. Anyway, I looked at the FSM and the expansion valve I have does not look anything like factory valve. Mine looks like a normal regular valve L shape with a coolie hat and sensor blub pigtail coming out of the coolie hat. This valve won't open or close..I froze it, I warmed it, I cleaned it. I flow tested at 150 psi and dropped the pigtail in salted ice water which took it to 20 degrees, nothing. There are no numbers on the valve. What the heck do I have..I can post pics if you need em. thanks!!

Having a little trouble uploading pics, lets see if this works...50 cents to the guy that points me to this valve!! thanks

Please Resize Images to: 1024 x 768 MAX

If you upload them at www.imageshack.us there is an option to resize them right on the website.

340 k or smaller

Having a little trouble uploading pics, lets see if this works...50 cents to the guy that points me to this valve!! thanks

Check out this post:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/88182-alternate-heater-ac-controls-in-a-280/page__view__findpost__p__915238

And here:

http://www.amazon.com/Four-Seasons-38608-Expansion-Valve/dp/B000C2OAW0