HybridZ

MS2 Base map

J240ZTurbo

I just finished wiring my entire MS 2. I got fuel and spark the car want's to start and it back fires a little then , it stops with no more intension of life, I moved the distrbutor in all directions and still no luck. I will like to know if someone here can please post a starting MAP so can used it as a guide. I will like to hear the engine on for a few minutes or so before taking it to a DYNO here is what I got.

"ALL PARTS ARE NEW"

MS II 3.0

L28et Engine

JSK Fuel Rail

280zx Turbo distributor

280zx Turbo coil and ignater

Aeromotive A1000 Fuel pump

Aeromotive F.P regulator

Aeromotive Filters

RC 500cc injectors

T3/T4 Turbonetics Turbo

3" Downpipe

AEM Wideband

Greddy Intercooler

thanks,

Juan.

Give this a shot. You'll need to check your timing and recalculate the req_fuel, but it should get you started. I am using MS to trigger the coil directly, so you may need to change a setting or 2 to make it work with the zxt ignitor.

Be very careful with this tune, I just found that my motor has a ton of leakdown and I have not pinpointed the reason, it may have too much advance in the boost regions. AFRs in boost were low 11's in MY car, no idea about yours.

Edit: this is for the most recent stable MS2-Extra release

2011-08-05_8.25.zip

Edited by letitsnow

Juan, all the mapsharing is in the Faq's under Components, then Megasquirt. As Letitsnow has said you have to adjust the required fuel. Make sure the timing in megatune is the same as when checking your timing with a timing light. You can do this by just having someone crank the engine for you and you check timing with the light. After doing the timing check and adjustment, I would try spraying some starting fluid in the intake to help get her running.

yeah, just double check your timing at tdc. the biggest reason i couldnt get mine started besides bad grounds was that i had the oil pump/dizzi shaft clocked wrong and the dizzy was not pointing to #1 plug on the rotor while both valves were closed (tdc on compression stroke) after i sorted that all out it started up on default ve and ignition tables. might be different with the turbo dizzy though as i have never seen one. if shes making noise then you are close, just keep an eye on cylinder washdown. i think thats what happened to my motor.... good luck

yeah, just double check your timing at tdc. the biggest reason i couldnt get mine started besides bad grounds was that i had the oil pump/dizzi shaft clocked wrong and the dizzy was not pointing to #1 plug on the rotor while both valves were closed (tdc on compression stroke) after i sorted that all out it started up on default ve and ignition tables. might be different with the turbo dizzy though as i have never seen one. if shes making noise then you are close, just keep an eye on cylinder washdown. i think thats what happened to my motor.... good luck

How can I know if my dizzy is set right? I set my timing by getting my reading to 0 degrees BTDC, and checking that my dizzy was pointing to spark plug wire for cylinder #1, BUT it did seem to be a little past where the spark plug wire is, so could it be that my dizzy is out of place and so I am getting weak spark?