HybridZ

Factory AC system: keep or chuck?

I have an original AC compressor from one of our Z's. It's an old R12 compressor and must weigh like 400 pounds. I do plan on eventually putting AC in the car, but will probably go with a Vintage Air system instead. So can you imagine anyone that might want this thing? I'm thinking it is probably worth more to the scrap metal man than it would be to anybody else.

Thoughts?

The compressor is in the rear cargo compartment so I'm fairly sure there's no R-12 left in it. :huh: As for replacing it, I'm probably going to go with one of the Sanden units. They're designed for 134 and only weigh a couple pounds.

I swear this factory compressor is the size of a Briggs and Stratton engine and weighs every bit as much as one!

Just realized you're only a little over 2 hours drive from me.... Hmmmm... I'd like to put period correct A/C on my 510 some day.

Come on down. Just give me a few days notice. It's sitting out in Pahrump so I'd have to make a trip over there. But if you're willing to make the drive, you can have the thing.