HybridZ

my edis setup

akeboshi

I was going to drill out some holes to put roll pins to secure my trigger wheel to the damper as I was afraid to weld mine. You could think about that if you were worrid about welding. Also Lazeum, are you gonna make more than one of those vr mounts? I would definitely like one of those. Derek still isnt selling any!!!!!

My damper is already machined. If I would do it by myself, I would have machined the damper slightly larger to get a good press fit instead. There's not much material left to add bolts to hold the wheel on the damper so welding seems to be the next easiest solution.

Regarding the support, I could ask the machinist if it would make sense to make some extra units but don't forget that I'm no longer on the right side of the ocean. I wouldn't have any problem to share drawings or CAD model if you or someone else would like to make some in the States.

Cad drawings would be AWESOME! Btw, when I mentioned pinning the wheel, I meant that I would drill the holes so that half of it was through the wheel and the other half through the damper. I don't know if that makes sense to ya. I was then gonna thread it and put thread lock on them. Hope all goes well with the welding. You can have my modified damper too if you want it, but it's gonna cost around 30-40 dollars to get there. I just mailed two radioes to Australia and that cost damn near 50.

Don't worry, we have our supply on damper here in Europe too! We also have Ford's in Junkyard if I need a second wheel but thanks! ;)

Drawings/CAD are not fully ready yet but I'll share them in this topic when they're done. Please notice that if you have a different damper/wheel than mine, support might not work well.

If you provide enough information about your setup, that's something easy to check since damper & wheel are just cylinders to design.

Edited by Lazeum

Cad drawings would be AWESOME! Btw, when I mentioned pinning the wheel, I meant that I would drill the holes so that half of it was through the wheel and the other half through the damper. I don't know if that makes sense to ya. I was then gonna thread it and put thread lock on them. Hope all goes well with the welding. You can have my modified damper too if you want it, but it's gonna cost around 30-40 dollars to get there. I just mailed two radioes to Australia and that cost damn near 50.

It's what i made with my fluid damper, , it's a removable solution, even if you can tune the trigger angle in the firmware,you can still change the gap by re drilling .

Welding is a good option , spots don't overheat the damper, but it's not so clean

I talked to the machinist today. I will have to modify the support to make it easier to machine (=cheaper)

The "tower" will have to be done on a square piece with chamfers instead of being round. That would avoid the hassle to use a CNC machine to make it. I will also make it one pice instead of 3 pieces as of today to avoid getting parts loose.

The plate would have also to be less fancy. Unfortunately, it will be a one shot for me since price is nowhere near what it should be for "regular" customer (I'm ordering with my team xx,000€ of parts every year to his shop so I've got special treatment :) )

He says regular price for such task should be around 300-400€ per support. You can find something much cheaper anyway in the US, I'm quite sure about that.

Edited by Lazeum