HybridZ

78 280z ls1 build thread

Well Hello everyone, My name is Paul, I was a previous owner of a turbo Miata. After spilling almost 5 years into the project I decided to move on to something new. I bought this 78 280z for about $750 and I drove it home. since then I've done many, many, many things. The car had a G-nose kit on it, I took it off because I don't like that look, now it just sits in the corner at my place, collecting dust...lol. plus the previous owner installed a holly 450 plus the arizonazcar intake Mani. I'm not a fan of Carb's but I've grown to appreciate them more. I have put about 5k in it already you might not see it, but between the engine, carpet, wheels, seals, new body panels, brakes, interior bits, new hatch (o.e. hatch not put on yet), and plenty of basic maintenance. It added up very quickly, I also have plenty of things for the LS1 standing by. I'm going the t56 route with the engine/trans. I've got a LS6 intake Mani, looking to go with a pretty mild cam as well. It has an r200 with 4:11 gears, however it is an open diff which is a buzz kill. I plan on doing alot of chassis strengthening, roll bar, frame rails, etc. Any way I plan on updating this regularly

IMG_1530.jpg

e8e745f9.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0580-1.jpg

IMG_0560-1.jpg

Edited by p51hellfire
Images way to large

Welcome to the Dark Side! Lots of information around here that can help you pick the right parts for the swap/upgrade. I was skeptical about how much better the LSx motors could be over the traditional SBC unit I got one. You're gonna love it!

Joe