HybridZ

ZERO's 240z

I've actually sold the triples and E31 head to a local guy here in NJ to pay for most of the engine. I've still got the L24 and zx 5-speed to sell though. 

I've also changed tack on the wiring. The guy who I got the engine from is sending me as much of the wiring as he can strip out of the car, so I will at least attempt to get it running without spending ~$1200 on the harness, but we'll see. Once I have the BCU and the dash harness I *should* be able to get it going, but I've been stumped by modern car security systems before...

The fuel system plan has changed as well. I found a 350z gas tank including the pump on ebay for $100. The plan at this point is to cut out the mounting ring from the 350 tank and weld it into the stock tank with some basic baffles. This would make the fuel system setup VERY easy, as the pump assembly is internally regulated, and because it's a dead head system there would be only one fuel line and two wires to run to the pump. The only concerns are the depth of the pump vs the depth of the tank and welding it in without blowing myself up.