HybridZ

is this a series 1 or 2 rb25det

S30rb25

I was told that this is a series 2 rb25det motor, I know there is a difference between coil packs but im just learning mechanical things, Im more of a body fender guy. I was wondering if anyone can tell from these pictures I took, when I was taking these I noticed the second coil from the timining belt cover is facing the opposite way, same way with the one second from the other end, is it supposed to be like that, and the last thing that concerns me is the ecu, i searched the numbers from it and I get one place saying its a series one and another a series 2. Im asking cause i was going through a shop for all the motor work but recently lost trust in them, so Im just double checking I got what I paid them for.

post-10261-024574300 1318903499_thumb.jpg

post-10261-071652500 1318903526_thumb.jpg

post-10261-040116600 1318903536_thumb.jpg

not sure dont have any of the wires hooked up they all are in a box this is what the top of the cover looks like. I thought that there was a difference in how the coils look as well, thats why i posted the first pics.

post-10261-081025000 1318904573_thumb.jpg

Edited by S30rb25

I suggest you should take a picutre of the conection of the coilpacks and show it to us. Although your coipack cover has the metal bracket that holds the s2 connector on top of the cover it might have been put together with a s2 cover since they are virtually the same as the s1 besides the metal bracket which could be unscreewed off.