HybridZ

Not getting fuel :(

Hey guys, my 260z has both a mechanical fuel pump that runs off the cam and an electric pump by the gas tank. There is no fuel in the line between the 2 pumps. I cleaned the connections on the E/pump and checked the resistance (which seamed to be okay). Dont know if it helps but when the car was about to die, the idle would rapidly drop and speed up, im guessing this was the fuel sputtering out...

Hey guys, my 260z has both a mechanical fuel pump that runs off the cam and an electric pump by the gas tank. There is no fuel in the line between the 2 pumps. I cleaned the connections on the E/pump and checked the resistance (which seamed to be okay). Dont know if it helps but when the car was about to die, the idle would rapidly drop and speed up, im guessing this was the fuel sputtering out...

You need to perform the diagnostic procedures for the fuel system as specified in the factory service manual. The electric pump should be making some noise. If it is not, check for voltage at the terminals (when the key is on). If voltage is present the pump is bad.

Go to http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html to get a copy of the service manual.

You need to perform the diagnostic procedures for the fuel system as specified in the factory service manual. The electric pump should be making some noise. If it is not, check for voltage at the terminals (when the key is on). If voltage is present the pump is bad.

Go to http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html to get a copy of the service manual.

I did read through the manual and it contradicted its self several times. I went and checked the voltage going to the pump which was low (about 8.5). Which brought me to think that the dim tail lights and fuel pump might all be related. Also this problem started right as i replaced the fuel sender unit which in turn robbed a little more voltage from the relay. There for i cleaned the rear main ground and flipped the ignition to get a running engine, brighter tail and a smile on my face. thanks beermanpete!