HybridZ

Different Fender Flare Types ID (with Photos)

camerashy

So I am slowly assembling parts for my build, and have gotten a bit stuck on the subject of fender flares. Theres no doubt the Watanabes I've ordered from Kiyo necessitate their use...however..I can't for the life of me find the ones I want. So I decided an informative topic may help others and hopefully let me track down the ones I want. I have noticed occasionally, either due to poor fitment or possibly due to a not-so-perfect mold, flares can appear slightly distorted, and not 'round' around the wheel itself, I am very keen to avoid this happening!

The flares I'd like to replicate on my Z are like these, with the quite significant pointed taper at either end of the flare....something like this.

red240z.jpg

or this..

5977048077_2a5d2c4f72_b.jpg

There are seemingly infinite different shapes of flares...:

The Z Store - The seem to be slightly wider at the back, with the traditional rivet hole locations and a 'rounded' end to the flare extending quite far down the arch.

large501563.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Z Force Productions - 'BAMF' Flares, very wide at the rear, 3 1/4 inches or something, but unlike the Z store they are squared off at the ends, atleast on the rear flares, the fronts seemingly a little more rounded, similar to the Z stores.

IMG_7765.jpg

cf-flares_20101006_1708805465.jpg

Classic Datsun - Similar to the Z store flares , shown here in urethane, again, considerably wider at the rear, although I haven't found measurements of actual width as yet. Rounded ends.

432flares-blue1.jpg

wats_077.sized.jpg

ZCCJDM - Again similar to some of the others mentioned already, rounded ends, rears wider.

1863_pd1859595_1.jpg

1863_pd1859595_3.jpg

But I have so far been unable to find the ones from the Maroon ZG 240Z (or have I misidentified them as being something other than what is widely available??) or like the ones that feature on alot of Hakosuka Skylines...any help...gladly received! Any suggestions?

Edited by camerashy