HybridZ

Hesitation and lack of power.

BlueZ31

Hey all,

I just broke in my freshly rebuilt overbored vg30e. Im having hesitation issues and a lack of power below 4000rpms on occasion, more noticible upon startup and at night with lights/electrics on.It occasionally bucks while accelerating up to 10-15mph, I can floor it and it takes a second to pick up, but then it catches up and powers on through without issue. It starts up with ease and idles well, no missfire and sounds strong up to 6k rpms without load, with a occasional pop in the exhaust during 1st/2nd gear heavy acceleration. Im at my wits end, Ive heard everything from MAF to 02. The 240sx throttle and the TPS are installed and adjusted according to the FSM, and I'm not throwing any codes on the ECU (hopefully Jim Wolf didn't disable CEL's) I want to drive her so friggin bad but these issues prevent me from taking her out for more than a few hours at a time.These issues were mild before the 240sx throttle body and Walbro 255 install (original fuel pump couldnt keep up with demands) now the issues seem more aggravated. Any Ideas?

Mods are as follows:

Bored .040,tubo oil pump,Isky cams/ Russ's gears, slightly worked heads,engloids plenum and 240sx throttle/fresh(and adjusted!) TPS. Jim Wolf N/A ecu, headers/Magnaflow cat/super40 muffler.K&N filter, electric fan/nismo t-stat.Walbro 255lph pump, fresh fuel filter/press regulator, fresh plugs/wires/cap/rotor/coil. ACT clutch/resurfaced flywheel.Maxima alt/Optima redtop.Injector factory service campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I just broke in my freshly rebuilt overbored vg30e. Im having hesitation issues and a lack of power below 4000rpms on occasion, more noticible upon startup and at night with lights/electrics on.It occasionally bucks while accelerating up to 10-15mph, I can floor it and it takes a second to pick up, but then it catches up and powers on through without issue. It starts up with ease and idles well, no missfire and sounds strong up to 6k rpms without load, with a occasional pop in the exhaust during 1st/2nd gear heavy acceleration. Im at my wits end, Ive heard everything from MAF to 02. The 240sx throttle and the TPS are installed and adjusted according to the FSM, and I'm not throwing any codes on the ECU (hopefully Jim Wolf didn't disable CEL's) I want to drive her so friggin bad but these issues prevent me from taking her out for more than a few hours at a time.These issues were mild before the 240sx throttle body and Walbro 255 install (original fuel pump couldnt keep up with demands) now the issues seem more aggravated. Any Ideas?

Mods are as follows:

Bored .040,tubo oil pump,Isky cams/ Russ's gears, slightly worked heads,engloids plenum and 240sx throttle/fresh(and adjusted!) TPS. Jim Wolf N/A ecu, headers/Magnaflow cat/super40 muffler.K&N filter, electric fan/nismo t-stat.Walbro 255lph pump, fresh fuel filter/press regulator, fresh plugs/wires/cap/rotor/coil. ACT clutch/resurfaced flywheel.Maxima alt/Optima redtop.Injector factory service campaign.

I would rec. to check your dist. , make sure there is not too much play in dist. shaft . Where is your timing set at , match with your cam ?