HybridZ

L28ET Turbo and Exhaust Manifold

Jesse.

I have a 1979 Nissan 280zx. I got the car 3 years ago as a 15th birthday present. :)

Since then, I installed a 81 L28ET engine.

Can anyone help with letting me know what type of exhaust manifold and turbo I can upgrade to from the stock one.?

Help a young S130 owner out.!!!!!!!! :D

post-13958-074854200 1319591562_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesse.

Look into upgrading to MSII before upgrading your turbo. Some are able to "band-aid" the stock EFI for moderate boost levels with RRFPR's and tewaks to the AFM, but a stand-alone EMS will allow you to have full control over fuel and spark to get the ost out of every set-up you run.

Holset turbos as OEM parts from turbodiesel pickups seem popular. A stock turbo with an aftermarket EMS with bigger injectors and a good intercooler will let you push the stock turbo to boost levels far above it's efficiency level.

The stock exhaust manifold doesn't become a reasonable source of restriction until 400hp. Aftermarket manifolds sell in the 4 digit price range.

Take a look here, here, and here.

I haven't ever owned a turbo Z, and this quick answer came from those three links. They are your friend!

Read read read!

Edited by cockerstar

Depending on goal power level. Intercooler, injectors, bov, and boost controller should be first upgrades. Then EMS along with suspension and brake upgrades to handle the power. For turbo T3/to4e 50 trim is a good choice and if your are going to touch the manifold, then extrude hone and thermal coating. All just my opinion.