HybridZ

S30 vinyl/carpet ???'s

Guest Blackzenki82

Guest Blackzenki82

so i've been searching all over, and have yet to come up with anything definitive. so i figure, if searching can't solve my dilemma, then going ahead and posting it will, maybe some of you have been there...

okay, so i got my 75, that's my main car, and i have my 72 daily driver. i MUCH prefer the diamond vinyl in the 72, and would like to order a new kit in the same design for the 75.... basically an interior conversion, i don't like all the carpet **** in the later years.

I'm pretty sure that all the rear stuff will work, but what I'm wondering, is if the vinyl transmission tunnel cover will work. i know that the what, 74's and up have a larger tunnel, and hence making it seem as if the pre '74 vinyl diamond print wont work. or will it?

even though the 75 may be wider/larger, making it to where the 72 kit wont fit, but i think most of those kits to require some kind of trimming, is there an excess that needs to be trimmed under the carpet floor mats? will it work? i know the carpets overlap the lower ends of the vinyl, is there enough room to still keep it covered with the floor mats?

in all my searchings, i've yet to find anything other than "the later years have a larger transmission tunnel", but that doesn't answer my fitment Q's.... i love the "vintage" interior of the 72, and hate the disco carpet in the 75, sure it's more "luxurious" or whatever, but I'm not going for that.

thanks guys!!!!

I can't help much with the kits involved and can't provide much more info about the size of the tunnel other than the later years were definitely wider for exhaust(catalytic converter) routing.

An alternative may be to buy some diamond patterned vinyl by the yard and cut it to fit.

http://www.fabricempire.com/quilted-foam-backing-black-fabric.aspx

I know it's not what you asked for but thought it might by a viable alternative.