HybridZ

A few beers later...

So here it is, I had bought this car while I was in Afghanistan. We were getting ready to head home and they let us use the computer. So naturally it was craigslist hunting time. I forced my wife to go down and pick this up so I had a gift when I got home. I had just sold my '76 before I deployed because of the amount of effort / time / money it would have cost me. I don't have any of those.

Some of the problems:

Jacked up wiring. Horrible. I acquired the help of my buddy at work who is good at wiring and he is redoing the entire harness for me.

Suspension needs freshening.

Door doesn't lock.

Primer / white mixed paint job.

Crappy seats / door panels

Good:

Ran and drove. Ran very smoothly, shifted nicely etc.

Came with an extra harness (Turned out to be just as bad as the first one)

Minimal rust.

Fresh tires

The idea of this car is just to have fun, I'm no restorer. I'm not even very mechanical. I have yet to work on this car sober, it's more of just a gathering for my friends to come over and drink and hangout.

This transformation happened in about 1 night, for a few hours until the liquor started coming out.

When I first got it.

IMG_20111005_162739.jpg

Little damage.

150.jpg

Okay PO rollpan job, could have been alot better.

IMG_20111005_162814.jpg

Interior

134.jpg

Going for the "I dont give a S**T" look

382822_2307840818846_1334070185_32298816_346395643_n.jpg

The color I went with is just the whole military theme. I have some 7.62 rounds that will be used on the car somewhere.

378509_2307840138829_1334070185_32298815_269975634_n.jpg

IMG_20111118_144510.jpg

So thats all she wrote, currently getting rewired.

Next project: Wheels & coilovers.

I put about maybe 50$ into it and had a good time. So the runs in the paint, missed paint spots, broken crap was all good because we had a good time!!

Until next time!

Hey Jenzos

Got a couple quick questions about your springs if u don't mind me asking?

Did u have to mod the springs are were they just bolt on? Are they coilovers are just regular springs?Are the cut or uncut? Also how does it ride Is it bouncy or is it stiff? Also what stocks are u running with the springs? Sorry If I had to many questions . Coming along nice keep up the good work .

aplyedmind:

These were bolt on, just the springs fit pretty well actually. I did coilovers on the ol' lady's car so I just stole her springs. They are also cut a few coils, VERY stiff for the 240z. I haven't done the shocks but the receipts show KYB's.