HybridZ

S30 280zx disc conversion with lowering springs

Since lowering my car with Eibachs and doing the 280zx rear disc conversion I have chaffed and busted 3 rubber hoses on the rear end of my car. It is clear that using the factory hard line mounting point on my 77 is allowing the rear suspension to come up far enough that it is allowing the ebrake cable bracket on the 280zx calipers to make contact with the rubber hose and after short while rupturing the hose. I have tried bending/routing the rubber hose different ways to no avail. What are others doing address this concern? Should I go back to factory springs? Would this help?

I am using the maxima bracket with the 280zx calipers. The left and right side swapped with stainless brake lines, I had to do this to solve the same problem. I had to make new brackets that hold the brake line to the body as well as new steel brake lines from the T junction to the brackets.

I cut my hard lines back to where they just enter the wheel well. I used 240sx ss lines attached to where i cut them back and they fit nicely. This is with Zraceproducts bracket (like the maxima) and 83 calipers. Switch the calipers from left to right and I think you do the same on the e brake cables and everything should be out of the way... I'm leaving till next Tuesday but I'll try to get some pictures of my setup when I get back.

I cut my hard lines back to where they just enter the wheel well. I used 240sx ss lines attached to where i cut them back and they fit nicely. This is with Zraceproducts bracket (like the maxima) and 83 calipers. Switch the calipers from left to right and I think you do the same on the e brake cables and everything should be out of the way... I'm leaving till next Tuesday but I'll try to get some pictures of my setup when I get back.

Which year 240SX lines did you purchase?