HybridZ

280Z: 300ZX brake conversion?

Searched around bit and couldn't find anything too specific on this swap. I went down to the local junkyard this weekend and managed to snag some interior parts out of a 280z, near perfect door panels and some intact plastic parts. While I was there I also saw a 300zx. Now, I'm thinking about going to a coilover suspension system soon (provided I can find someone to do the welding and maybe the cutting) and I figure that while I'm there I might as well upgrade the brakes if it's not too much extra work.

Will 300zx brakes fit my 280z? (Running Rota RB's 17x9/9.5)

What other parts will I need besides the calipers?

Will new rotors be required?

What will be required to mount it?

What are the advantages?

Just few snaps from the junkyard:

350jinp.jpg

2cyi6uf.jpg

f098ow.jpg

The only way I’m aware of to make 300zx brakes fit is a kit, I believe from Modern Motorsports, that gives you a bolt on adapter for the caliper and re-drilled rotor to fit the 4 lug. Or the whole set up from Techno Toy Tuning the pros of the kit from T3 is that it allows numerous diffs to be installed and swaps to a 300ZX unit bearing with CV joints it your willing to spend the extra coin this is the way to go.