HybridZ

L24 into 260z need help with wiring.

As the title states i need help with the wiring. I have done my research and most people say everything is the same but looking at it there are more wires on the 260z than on the 240z and some of the wires on the L24 have different prongs than the plugs on the 260z chassis.So my question is what all do i have to change over both of the cars. I have three of these cars a 240 a 260 and a 280 the 240 has a good motor so im not going to buy a motor when i already have one i am aware that i am downgrading but im working with what i have.

Early or late 260? Nissan changed connectors and wiring all the time, so your gonna have to cut stuff and splice to make it work. My early 260 harness is already cut/spliced/melted, so I don't mind cutting it up more, but if yours is in good shape I recommend not messing it up if you don't have to. Cut up the stuff thats plugging in to it

Reference the wiring diagrams from the 240Z and 260Z diagrams. It shouldn't be difficult to do, so swap it over and see if you have any lingering questions. My 260Z currently has an L24 so I can help if you run into issues.

Are you saying swap the whole harness over? If so how do i go about doing that?

Are you saying swap the whole harness over? If so how do i go about doing that?

No, swap the engine over. It would be complete lunacy to swap harnesses.

Nothing is all that different regarding engine electrics. Maybe a couple of minor issues will crop up, but wiring on the carbureted S30 is very simple.

Think about it. When swapping the L24 in place of the L26, all that is really different in terms of required engine electronics is the distributor. The 260Z was the first one to get electronic ignition, so use the L26 distributor on the L24. You won't have EGR anymore, so its related connectors will not be used. Both have externally-regulated alternators, so there shouldn't be any differences there. If in doubt, put the L26 alternator on the L24.

This is very easy and downright simple, at least compared to any other engine swap into this chassis.

Edited by Leon