HybridZ

280zx turbo no start need help

MuhKaydenZ

The car cranks but won't start. I replaced the distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, and cables (I get spark.) The air filter is clean. I can hear the fuel pump and when I pull the fuel line and try to start it, fuel squirts (so I know I have fuel going to the engine.) Yet still no start. I've been told it could be the Cold Start Switch, but I think the problem lies with the distributor. When I crank the ignition with the cap off,I can see the rotor spin but it rotates really really slow. (Maybe 1 rotation per 3 seconds). I don't think the rotor is spinning fast enough to turn the engine over. Just my guess.

Two things that I can think of checking first is the battery (try a battery out of a friends car that works) and second the starter,

Is the starter in good condition?

Has the car started for you before?

Has it had issue starting before? Is the ground/ positive lead to the starter in good condition?

Are the battery terminals clean?

I have had to replace a starter once because the alternator was not working, which lead to the car being started a lot with very little current and over use of the starter to the point it could not even be jumped. So if you get it running pull off your negitive lead and check you alternator is working :)

Hope some of that helped :)

Leon.