HybridZ

260Z brake upgrade

Someone offered me his whole stock front and rear brakes of a Skyline GT-R (1994) to upgrade my brake system on my 260Z (1974).

Does anyone have try to fit the skyline brake system on a 260Z (1974)?

If so, is there any modifications to be made.

Is it possible to recover some parts?

Thank for communicate your personal experience.

Edited by Chapz

FYI, on this forum, chances are if you can think of it, somebody here has already tried it and posted about it. So, it's expected that you will search extensively first and then only ask questions if you're really stuck.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

FYI, on this forum, chances are if you can think of it, somebody here has already tried it and posted about it. So, it's expected that you will search extensively first and then only ask questions if you're really stuck.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Thank for your comment, but give me a chance I'm starting on the internet blog system I do not know if you have observed it's my first post.

I was just hoping someone to tell me yes or no to my question or someone gives me a link to me.

HybridZ is considered an advanced automotive forum. You're expected to take the time and search for your answers even if its you first time here. You do the work, don't ask others to do it for you.

I'm for the inconvenience. Maybe my English is not good, but I do not want anyone looking for me I want someone who knows the compatibility of the brake parts between a Skyline GT-R and 260Z

I'm for the inconvenience. Maybe my English is not good, but I do not want anyone looking for me I want someone who knows the compatibility of the brake parts between a Skyline GT-R and 260Z

S30 Brake Upgrade Thread

Go to post #13, this is how it's been done with the 300zx front calipers which are the same design as what you have I believe. Not sure on the rears.

S30 Brake Upgrade Thread

Go to post #13, this is how it's been done with the 300zx front calipers which are the same design as what you have I believe. Not sure on the rears.

Thank Newie for your help is greatly appreciated, it's good start as the first post on my topic. But I don't have a lot of experience in mechanics and I try to find (if possible) someone who has made ​​a post or can tell me what brakes parts (Skyline GT-R 1994) is compatible as bolt on directly on a 260Z 1974, or what parts of Skyline GT-R 1994 is compatible by making some changes or forget that this is absolutely not compatible simply etc. Because in the forums and blog, I lose myself in the description when the world talks about S30, Z32, Z31, Z33, GT, skyline.

Thank Newie for your help is greatly appreciated, it's good start as the first post on my topic. But I don't have a lot of experience in mechanics and I try to find (if possible) someone who has made ​​a post or can tell me what brakes parts (Skyline GT-R 1994) is compatible as bolt on directly on a 260Z 1974, or what parts of Skyline GT-R 1994 is compatible by making some changes or forget that this is absolutely not compatible simply etc. Because in the forums and blog, I lose myself in the description when the world talks about S30, Z32, Z31, Z33, GT, skyline.

For what it's worth those calipers are the same as 300ZX twin turbo calipers if they are the sumitomo calipers. If they are Brembos off the V-spec II then they are still the same bolt spacing on the mounting ears.

For what it's worth those calipers are the same as 300ZX twin turbo calipers if they are the sumitomo calipers. If they are Brembos off the V-spec II then they are still the same bolt spacing on the mounting ears.

Thank "Newbie" again, I will check with him what he want to give me.