HybridZ

240z ls1

I was wondering if someone could help me. Im interested in purchasing a ls1 240z, im thinking a 1971,1972, or 1973. Does anyone know how much they are worth. If you could provide details of what would make the car worth less money, such as condition and what not. Thanks.

Z-cars are only worth something to those of us who have drunk the Koolaide. On the open market, the more you modify them, the less they are worth. Most responsible adults look down on them as cheap and sophomoric. I've had a "for sale" sign on my car permanently for 4 years, but haven't gotten a single sincere offer. Maybe they know I wouldn't part with it for all the money in the world... Anybody know how much Dave got for his 6-second LS-turbo car when he sold it on ebay?

Two pretty good examples.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/83518-1975-280z-ls1-6spd/page__p__791448__hl__ls1__fromsearch__1#entry791448

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/82639-ls1-75-280z/page__p__782698__hl__ls1__fromsearch__1#entry782698

those were done pretty well and worth about 15k so around that ballpark depending on paint condition etc.

If just a rushed swap with not much improving or addressing any bad spots or trouble areas the value would go way down. Things done correctly and all issues fixed value goes up or stays around 12-15k depending on condition/mileage of LSx engine/Trans.