HybridZ

A year and half later

Hello people, I just picked up my 1972 240z. Ive been searching for one ever since I got my 350z(a year and a half ago) and Im glad I waited. I bought it for $600 off the El Paso Craigslist. She's beat. Currently not running and has been sitting in the previous owners garage for about 3 years. Supposedly the only thing wrong was the carbs not being tuned but we'll see about that. Thats about all for now, Ill put some pictures up tomorrow of my dirty white Z.

Here are just a couple photos of my new Z

Picking it up

post-26824-012622200 1327556762_thumb.jpg

Putting it in its current relaxing spot

post-26824-054544200 1327556791_thumb.jpg

Butt shot

post-26824-012954100 1327556897_thumb.jpg

Nice and dirty motor awaiting new radiator

post-26824-022263900 1327556930_thumb.jpg

Nice and dirty untuned carbs

post-26824-015513500 1327556982_thumb.jpg

Poor punched in face

post-26824-010176400 1327557053_thumb.jpg

And the interior is fairly gutted aside from seats and the dash. Well, thats about all for now folks, thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Ive been told to get it registered(long story) by Friday or they will try to tow it away. So I rushed out to see if I can at least get it to fire up to drive down to the MVD for the VIN inspection. New fuel, oil and battery. It clicks and all lights work. It starts with starter fluid and thats it. I opened up the bowl and it was dry so I put a bit of fuel and it ran. So something must be clogging the path somewhere then.....right?. Im getting fuel to filter, so the pump is at least getting it that far.

• 6 months later...

Well, its been a while huh?. I had gotten the car running(poorly) and it was nice to be able to drive it down the street and back real quick. Ive since moved and gotten the car registered. I also ripped out the motor and trans the day after it was running, which I gave away on Craigslist. Now I have an LQ4 sitting on the stand awaiting a rebuild and some upgrades and a T56 thats in amazing condition. Slow, slow progress but progress none the less.