HybridZ

Tips on cleaning overspray from interior?

zeeboost

I'm having a heck of a time cleaning the overspray out of my interior from my careless bodyshop, mostly in the carpet and grant steering wheel. I let some tuff stuff soak in the carpet and on the wheel for a bit, and although it helped, after everything dried the carpet is still a bit hazy looking. This carpet was brand new from MSA before I dropped the zx off at the body shop (4.5 years ago) so age and sun fade isn't a problem with it. The steering wheel came from MSA and although the center and spokes cleaned up, I'm not having any luck with the leather portion of the wheel where I grip. Even acrysol wasn't of any assistance. I may try using a little plastic bristle brush, but figured I'd run it by here first. I guess as a last resort I could have it steam cleaned, but the lowest price I found at least $100 and since the zx is immobile right now, I'd have to rip it all out again. So any help would be appreciated...the overspray is everywhere and really frustrating.

Edited by zeeboost

I would try it on a small section. Maybe nail Polish remover or laquor thinner. I could see it might mess with the glue holding the carpet down but not the carpet itself.

Also duplicolor makes an interior paint that is flexible. I have used the black on door panels and it worked great. If the areas don't get alot of foot traffic I would mist them with that to make it blend in better

Ive never heard of a good way to do this without damaging anything. For the steering wheel id try a lightly dampend microfiber cloth dipped in thiner and do one swipe at a time them moveing to a clean section of rag. Best of luck to you that sucks

Edited by surpip