HybridZ

351c?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi I am planning on doing a v8 swap for a 240z. Any way I want to use a Ford engine and I am thinking about the 351c. The main drawbacks I have read about building a 351c is the oiling system and becouse of the large ports on the 4v heads it does not make much low rpm torqe. But the oiling problem is strait forward to fix and I am thinking that on a 240z you would not want a ton of low rpm tourque or you would just spin the tires. Any way I would like to hear any thoughts on the subject. Also what kind of weight should I expect compared to a 302 or 350 chevy?

Thanks

The Cleveland is heavier than the Windsor 351, which again is heavier than the 302. I believe the Cleveland is in the weight range of the bow-tie counterpart, which would put it at 100+lbs more? IMHO engine weight is very important because it also effects braking and handling as well as acceleration. And if you do not want a lot of low end grunt (more than the Z could handle), than a moderately built up 302 would be my choice (since you were asking).

Terry

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the feed back. The more I study the more I think you are probably on the right path. Probably the way to go is to just get a recked 5.0 mustang and get the engine and trans out of it. Then if it really needs a boost just find a used paxton supercharger.