HybridZ

Ford V8 Conversion

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My friend has a '82 mustang 5.0. He also has the gear ratio changed to 4:11 with a T5 tranny. He doesn't have the orginal mustang engine but it is still a 302. I was wondering I all that would fit in my '80 280zx. Including the driveline rear end and engine. He is selling me the entire car for $1500, is that a good deal? Also will the tranny line up with the 280's stick hole. Since he has all teh smog stuff and ac and everything it will be perfect, since it has everything I need. Thanks you your input. I hope to start this project soon.

I haven't done this swap (zx), but I'm sure it would be similar to most of the swaps here at Hybridz. IMHO I would stick with OEM Datsun rear end, and only use the engine and transmission. I know the "bonnet" on the ZX is shorter, but this should not be any problem. With that said, use our search feature to find info for this swap to answer your more general questions. Perhaps someone with the ZX swap experience can then help here then with some more specific questions?