HybridZ

N/A Dist question

78zstyle

I am very close to doing my turbo swap. I have a N/A ecu and wiring harness, along with a N/A dist (although I do have a turbo dist). I will be using megasquirt to run my fuel, however I have no way to hook a turbo dist up.. so my plan is to use the N/A vacuum advance dist, while having megasquirt manage my fuel.. Will this even work?

• 2 weeks later...

As Akeboshi said, you didn't do your research. If I were you, I would run the turbo dizzy. What do you mean you have no way to hook it up? I would cut the plug off the dizzy and wire it up. You could also run fuel only as you suggested. Don't lock it out though as it will cut all your power out. I would also retard the dizzy a few degrees if running fuel only until you get your afrs dialed in as excessive advance without the proper fuel would be bad for your engine. Good luck and do your research. Megasquirt can be a rewarding route but comes with a steep learning curve. It's definitely more for the tweaker crowd.