HybridZ

Twin turbo Fords website

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I thought some of you Ford guys might like to see this, although many of his methods and parts used are applicable for the other V8's as well. This dude has a twin turbo 351 Capri and a Twin eaton supercharged 351 (with intercooler) in a T-bird. Its basically how to go fast on a budget (well relatively for mid 10 sec cars..) most of his stuff is from the wrecking yards and the shrewd use of parts. I think its cool anyway...

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/8668/index.htm

Regards,

Lone

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: lonehdrider ]

Guest firebern

Awesome setup, the car is rockin'.

Sites like this one make me think possibilities ar endless.

How could we manage to get that on a 302Z?

Have a good weekend,

Fire.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah I was impressed with the setups for sure. I'd like to see a Z with one or twin turbo v8. With the weight advantage over the larger Fords this guy is running (even the capri was 3000 lbs) it seems a Z could easily be in the high 9's with that setup if its hooked up. Interesting use of a blow through carb system too with the extra injector, kinda solves a problem the carb'ed turbo's always had (lean on boost), not perfect but definitely better than the old days.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Their's a couple of guys in my area who have done twin turbo'ed 351 clevo's running on LP gas, and using a blow through setup into twin 440 cfm 'GasreSearch' throttle bodys.

one just got into our national car mag 'street machine' and its the slower of the pair! icon_cool.gif

Guest Anonymous

LP is pretty cool, Considering it's heat energy is less, but is more tolerant with higher compression, a turbo or two using it is a natural. It's pretty expensive here now though (not sure why, its like one of our most abundant fuels here in the states, I think its because of recent shortages here in California so they gouge us because its used for some power plants, currently its about 3.00 a lb).

The best thing about it though is the low pollution and engines just about last forever on the stuff.

Cheers,

Lone