HybridZ

hmm can you say V-10?

Guest Tht1KSguy

Eh, that gy's car has been aorun a bit and I've seen it in at least one Mustang mag - however it's never been finished to the best of my knowledge. I know at least one person who's considered the 5.4 V8 but finally rejected it. When you can get 700+ hp out of a 4.6 I'm not sure you really need the headaches of the V10 or of the 5.4. I actually think the 5.4 or 4.6 would be an AWESOME Z swap. It revs to like 7K easily, makes smooth power, and the accesories are pretty compact. Pretty wide though but if big blocks fit it should fit too! Headers are tucked up nicely too... Perhaps one of these days when the motors ae a little more common - they're pretty pricey now...

Guest Tht1KSguy

Yeah, it's going onto my "someday" list... right now the plan is for a 355/200R4 swap... since i have them laying in the garage anyway, add a little spray and i'm good to go for about 550hp which when i get done w/ tranny mods it should be able to hold up. With a transbrake should make for fun days at the track. I'll be watching Scottie's progress on the 'vette rear because i have a feeling i'll be breaking things. My only hang-up is i just hate to put an auto into a sportscar.. i like to row my own but i'm not shelling out the bux for a T56.. (plus i'm hearing about a lot of breakage and wear concerns lately) not to mention KS is not exactly know for twisty roads.. so this will be the "cheap & easy" way to go for now until more cash and ideas come my way icon_smile.gif

Eh, T56 is a strong trans IMO. Since mine came from a wrecking yard we surmise that it was in gear and in an accident. My mechanic says this frequently breaks a gear when it occurs. (shrug) I've seen folks put insane amounts of power through T56 transmissions and while th y DO break and twist it's usually taking a great deal of abuse or poor maintenence to do it...

Somewhere I've got an URL for a Camaro guy who's making obscene amounts of power - he broke a few T56 and finally had to go TH400. His biggest issues seemed to be input shafts and clutches as I recall...

Guest Locutus

if I had the money I think I would do a V-10 just for the wow factor. I think as a show vehicle it would be totally awesome it is sure to turn heads

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Would be neat as hell to see 5 weber 2bbl on top of one used as throttle bodies on a custom fabbed intake manifold. Chrome the valve covers, long air cleaner (like the oval early mustang cobra ones but long enough for a 10 bbls.) and it'd be pretty stunning under the hood. Is it practical probably not, it is a truck engine, but it does have some power potential and well the torque would be just sick. I'd add that to my 'Do it if I had sick amounts of money' list ... icon_biggrin.gif

Regards,

Lone

Guest Tht1KSguy

oh my icon_eek.gif i can't imagine synching 10bbls after doing the carbs on my ZX-11... i'll fab up a sheetmetal intake long before that along w/ having the heads Extrude Honed... i'm sure Comp Cams with enough $$$ could make some new cams? maybe a nice programmable FI system... oh wait.. i forgot.. i haven't won the Powerball...yet icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

Yeah a guy would be busy with his color tune, or A/F mixture guages tuning that bad boy for sure if it were 10 bbls of carbs, I'd just use them for throttle bodies and have it fuel injected. Yeah I'm sure it could be hopped up no problem, The cams could probably be gotten, if not maybe welded and reground. I'm not familiar with the Triton v10, donno if it uses those hollow pressed on lobe camshafts as well. I donno, one of those in there with a T56 behind it and a strong rearend and it could be a viper stomper (well straightline anyway. The handling would probably need work with all that engine up there.. icon_smile.gif ) Be a neat engine for a cobra replica too icon_biggrin.gif .

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Ford Racing Australia has built a late model mustang coupe (not sure what year) its got a supercharged V-10 with Motec ecu, sprintex supercharger, race style pedal box,

Tremec tko2 gearbox, Strange aluminium

9-inch diff, Full floating romac hubs And every other gofast bit you could need/want.

Guest Anonymous

Iposted this in another thread, but for about $10,000, Mopar sells Copperhead V10s (the all aluminum Viper mill, not the Truck motor). It's up there, but is cheaper than the 526 (not 426, they also make a factory stroker) Hemi, which last I checked was $14K. At these prices, it's a dream and nothing more -- I'd buy a bike or a car with that kinda bread myself. I know this is off topic in the Ford forum, sorry bout that, but seemed to have a relevance to this given topic.

Guest Anonymous

What's going on guys. At work right now. I work for Ford. Word from the rumor mill is that the 2003 Cobra is getting the 5.4L. Not just any 5.4L, but the 5.4L from the Lightning, blower and all. Their supposed to up the boost a bit, and make 405 h.p. to match the new Zo6

Racnoth,

That would be sweet if Ford actually did that. I remember when the Mustang was approaching the 25th aniversary...I was at the point in my financial carreer that I was ready to buy a new/collectable mustang; I just knew Ford was going to increase the HP of the Stang and make them in a limited edition; I was ready to make the purchase...then I read in a magazine there would be no change in the 25th anniversary Stang's power output & man was that a huge let down.

Needless to say I didnt buy the Stang. I wanted a Factory Hot Rod...not one that I had to buy then put 5k in aftermarket mod's just to make it competative!!

Anyway; your post brought back memories; looks like Ford has finally got the idea that "More is Better"...oh yea/anyone who buys one of these things remember-You cant race them/or abuse them as that would void the warranty(!), you can have the power but cant use it(?), yea right!

Bet the Lightning powered Mustang will have a nice little price tag to go along w/it!

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)