HybridZ

Pictures of my 240Z -71 + V8

Kimi

I promised to put some pictures of my Z on the web. If you are interested in seeing a Z+V8 from Finland, check this link: http://www.sunpoint.net/~zkerho

Go to the Galleria-part a choose 240Z-280Z. There you should find pictures of a black 240Z with a 289/302 Ford. I have a T10 gearbox, but I want to install a T5. The engine is old, but works. The car is lowered and has a stiffer suspension.

Z-cars are pretty rare in Finland and it is almoust impossible to find information of Z+V8 here. HybridZ has been a great place for information for me. Thanks guys!

Take care,

Kimi from Finland icon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

Kimi, welcome and congratulations on a fine car. Its so cool to see a 'International' community on the site, it only broadens our knowledge base that much more and gives us an idea for using engines we normally don't see, or ones we've neglected to use.

So far, outside of Mexico and South America, most of North America have HybridZ members, Down under well covered with the fabulous fabricators from down under (this stems from a conversation DavyZ and I had in reference to the incredible fabrication that takes place down under, Simons car comes to mind).

At any rate, sorry to dribble on and on (I'm good at it as you'll find... icon_smile.gif ), but welcome and thats a nice car you have.

Respectfully,

Lone

Thanks guys icon_smile.gif

The engine is from a ´65 Mustang (289 block). It is 030 oversize and has a stiffer cam shaft. The carburator is a Weber.

The car has been in a old barn for several years. I heard some rumors about the car and that it was for sale. So, I called the guy A.S.A.P. The car was totally covered with dust and dirt. It was like to find a tresure!

I have worked with a lot of electrical problems, changed the diff from R180 to R200 (the old diff was totally busted!), cleaning the interior, body and engine, installed the electrical fans... My intensions are to paint the body this winter, upgrade the brakes and hopefully change to a T5 (the diff is 3.7:1).

I have only tested the car a couple of times. At the moment the car is in very many parts icon_wink.gif It is good to have something to do when it gets -30 celsius grades outside icon_wink.gif

Kimi

[ October 21, 2001: Message edited by: Reaper ]