HybridZ

Question about how I wired the tach signal wire.

akeboshi

Hello,

Just installed ms2 on my new motor and it starts up fine but I havent had more than about 5 minutes to even play with it. I tried to rev it but it misfires alot and wont rev up. The log says i reved it up to 4700 rpms. No way, I didnt even build boost, but anyways... Im thinking the way I wired up the Tach and associated shielding might be the problem. I used a headphone jack to connect the wire and the shield together at my junction box to make it a quick dissconnect. Is this stupid? Let me know, Im almost ready to take the beast on a break in run. Thanks all!!!

IMG_0016.MOV

Heres the vid of the first start.

Patience - get the car running properly before you drive it. You should get it to idle properly first then run your VE tuning. If you think the tach wiring is the problem did you try disconnecting it and seeing how it ran? What do you mean you connected the wire and shield together?

Thanks for the tip. I actually took it for a test drive last night. What I meant by wiring the shield and signal wire together is I made a junction box with terminal strips and I wired them how they were supposed to go according to the megamanual, shield at pin 2, signal at pin 24. I was just worried that having some of the signal wiring exposed inside where I soldered them up inside the headphone jacks. Its all built with the intentions of being able to remove it quickly without cutting anything or adding more stuff at a later time like wasted spark ignition or the like. My actual problem with the tach signal was the grounding spade connector on the side of turbo dizzy. Its important to ground it to chassis or block.