HybridZ

well, I'm about to join the dark side!

Guest Paul Felker

Guest Paul Felker

Hi everyone Im new here and im going to start my mustang 5.0 conversion. I have a 75 datsun that im going to stuff this motor in. I have a complete mustang 88, with speed density fuel injection. Im a little confuseed, if I use the motor mounts from zcar.netdojo.com will i be able to use the shorty MAC haeders i have or will they hit the firewall or the frame rails??? what about the trans mount where do i find the plans for one of these? is the fuel injection wiring as easy as the mass air setup to put into the car- 1 ground 1 possitive and the realys. any thing else that i should be worried about thank you paul hotshift13@yahoo.com

well i dont know squat about the 88 system but i believe someone here has that year motor.. FIRE?

you wont find any diagrams so to speak to make it up and the mustang headers wont work unless you stuff it way too far forward..the collector will be IN the firewall.

its a lot of work but worth it in the end. i think the wiring is the easy part, next is the steering and the mounts are the hardest. you need the motor far back to get handling correct and to get the shifter near the hole (if your going manual)

i have a few pics online of my install