HybridZ

Ford Parts for V-8 swap on 73 240Z

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Is there anyone out there that has mail order information for Ford conversions (like Chevy has) to use on a 1973 240Z. Motorsports has the full package for Chevy's (motor mounts, headers, etc).

Guest Anonymous

No kits or information kits as such are available (yet), though scca is thinking about it I think. You'll have to get a big cup of coffee and a few hours of time to go through this forum. Most questions are answered right here. Use the search function to answer specific questions.

Guest tom sixbey

hehehe (hint) yeap... it sure would be great if good ole' SCCA made a kit to sell for the ford swap...

hey tony - do you still have the flattops on your car? - i hate the crap outof em, but i'm too busy at the moment to rebuild my SUs....

yeah i'm still thinking about it.....

i have a few people who want it and i will be likely making a template in a few weeks. dont expect a available unit till january .. i want to figure out the easiest way to make them and have to figure out if CNC' is the way to go or?

it will probably be something like i will sell the mounts with the type of headers you should buy and a replacement steering shaft (exchange) i will eventually make a wiring diagram and i imaging it will end up here in the FAQ (once thats done)

theres many ways to make the mounts but to me it must be similar in setback to the JTR or its not worth me making them.

i havent even made a cable yet- drove all summer with no speedo.

from what i know having a cable custom made isnt that big a deal.....

i will be putting in autometer monster speedo and tachometer so thats why i didnt bother making a datsun/ford cable.

-------------

Guest tom sixbey

hehehe - i tell you - in Memphis and Germantown TN, you REALLY need an accurate speedometer.. Police have been known to give tickets for 1MPH over the limit on a regular basis...

I'm working on finding a replacement speedometer cable that will fit into my Tremec TR-3550 (same speedo fitting as a Toploader, I believe) and hook to my aftermarket (Autometer)speedo.

I bought a speedo cable for a 69-73 Mustang with a C-4 (69inches long), but the speedo end doesn't work with the screw-on (13/16"?) fitting on the speedo. I hear that the 67-68 Mustang C-4 speedo cable has the screw on and the correct end on the tranny side. It's 76" long, which may be too long to fit nicely - still haven't really seen if that's true.

Anyway, I think the availability of the old Mustang parts and the correct ends for the aftermarket speedo, etc. will make the 67-68 Mustang speedo cable the one to get. Best thing is they are less than $25 most Mustang places.