HybridZ

lt1 t56 behind SBC -pilot bearing

redneck1545

I have searched for the better part of the last two hours and found no sure fire answer to what I need.

I have a lt1 t56 out of a 96ish camaro. Im bolting it to an early pre 86 350 sbc block. I already have the conversion flywheel from fidanza and I just ordered the 7/8" master cylinder, conversion adapter for weird gm fitting an roll pins, -3an line, and the aluminum camaro slave cylinder. The only part I've got left to figure out is that darn pilot bearing or bushing.

I bought a bearing from advanced for the t56 (the roller type) and figured it would not work but thought i'd try none the less. Sure enough, it looks like it will fiit too far aft on the crank which will prevent the tranny from mating all the way.

I think I need the pilot bushing for an older 5spd camaro or somethign similar, the bushing type that fits deeper in the crank. Is this a special bushing for this type of conversion or can I simply buy a pilot bushing for an older camaro?

Edited by redneck1545