HybridZ

280Z A/C line interference?

Is anyone else running a stock, 280Z A/C system with a JTR'd V8? My car is a 240, but the A/C system is from a 280Z. The relevant pics of the firewall in the JTR manual are of a 240 (No factory A/C obviously) and there's no mention of interference with the 280Z A/C system.

aclinescloseup.jpg

These are just gonna be in the way. Anyone have a similar experience?

It's going to really suck if I have to pull that A/C unit in order to re-work those lines.

Guest dankinzle

I have a 280z a/c system in my car, but right now it's just the remnants ie piping and such. Although it looks like it will interfere, it doesn't. it's really crazy. That little hump gets about .5" from my valve cover, and the line that runs along the firewall goes right between the gap between the disty and intake. It fits perfectly. I think I have some junky pics of it on my website under jtr conversion. It's in the second to last row of pics on the right. also, check out http://pages.sbcglobal.net/longta/acint.jpg for a better, larger pic.

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: dankinzle ]

I have a 280 system in my 260z. I ran all new lines because someone had already removed the underdash AC. My car had factory AC. Anyway, the only problem that I had was with the servo on the 260Z being in the way of the larger 280z condenser box. I set up a mechanical servo and left it at that. Any competent AC guy can run different AC lines.