HybridZ

getting power to the ground.

Guest ScaryFast

Guest ScaryFast

When I do get my 302 in my z, will my stock diff be strong enough to handle a five speed and a slightly hopped up motor or will I have to get a r200? ugg.gif

yes it will, watch those launches though, thats what did my rear end in, not the diff though, the mustache bar, bushings, driveshaft bolts, all them took the brunt, and one halfshaft, all in good fun. traction will be your enemy, and once you get traction, thar she blows!

I have a 302 with a 4-speed manual in my 240Z. The R180 didn't like the combination and was wasted. The new R200 feels much better, and should deal with the V8-power.

It's probably a slightly different situation with a 5-speed transmission.

Kim

Guest Anonymous

I'd agree, I still have to put the R200 in (and contact Zdreamer about getting that one still icon_smile.gif ) as soon as I get back to get my car. Anyway I havn't hammered on the R180 super bad and it's held up to a stock 350 ok, but it either spins them, or theres enough slop in the old mounts where it hasn't killed it yet. Beat on it and without a doubt it would fail.

Regards,

Lone In Az.

I would move up to the r200 soooon!!!! I wasted my 180 in a matter of a couple launches, and have killed a couple 200's with a mild 350 and an automatic!!!(with 9" M/T Ets) Sheared a drive axle in half,ground up a couple u-joint durring the process, I think (ohhh pleeease) it is going to hold up now with a welded R200 and all new u-joints. Good Luck and start looking for that R200 when the R180 gives up! bonk.gifbonk.gifbonk.gif