HybridZ

Another l28et in a 260Z

I have an 82 280zxt 5 speed and a 74 260z 4 speed.

I want to take every “better component†from the 280zxt and put it in my 260z my goal is a car I can drive to work on Fridays and be competitive at local racetracks with turns.

Is there any good information on what smaller parts I should use from the 82zxt?

Examples might be use the brake booster since the 74 will not work with the turbo setup.

Should I bother with the clutch master or just stay with the original one in my 260?

I’m guessing I should take the radiator and oil cooler but what else should I take? Suspension brake components, rear end? The silly voice that says “lights are on�

If someone just has some great links that would be helpful too I’ve been digging for a day or so and I can only see long post helping people with wiring issues.

Take the rear diff, Axle shafts, and if you want to swap to rear disc brakes. Take all the rear brake components. You will need 80's maxima caliper mounting brackets. Keep both driveshafts so you know which one will fit in the 260 after the swap.

You can use the zx booster, Mount it upside down. Then you can use that zx mastercylinder. Use the 260Z clutch master cylinder, ZXT 5spd, and engine of course. Do the ZX alternator upgrade swap while your at it, and install the diode so you can turn the engine off. You will find all that in the swap write up. You can use the zx radiator, You may need to drill different holes to mount it, Its a tad larger. Using the oil cooler is up to you.

I did a 83 ZX n/a 2.8 swap into my 260z so remember a lot of what I did.

Don't be impatient and read more than you have done so far. I did research for 2 weeks before I did my swap.

Good Luck

Take the rear diff, Axle shafts, and if you want to swap to rear disc brakes. Take all the rear brake components. You will need 80's maxima caliper mounting brackets. Keep both driveshafts so you know which one will fit in the 260 after the swap.

You can use the zx booster, Mount it upside down. Then you can use that zx mastercylinder. Use the 260Z clutch master cylinder, ZXT 5spd, and engine of course. Do the ZX alternator upgrade swap while your at it, and install the diode so you can turn the engine off. You will find all that in the swap write up. You can use the zx radiator, You may need to drill different holes to mount it, Its a tad larger. Using the oil cooler is up to you.

Don't be impatient and read more than you have done so far. I did research for 2 weeks before I did my swap.

Good Luck

"

". I will should I use the suspension too or is it not worth it?

"

Will do thank you

"

Yea homework time

"my goal is a car I can drive to work on Fridays and be competitive at local racetracks with turns"

I would like to take it to the track so with that in mind any other parts I should take to make it more competitive?

Not much you can do. Bigger turbo, bigger injectors, FMIC and EMS.