HybridZ

240z LT1 for lemons

Afternoon everyone we are building a LeMONS race car the car/victim is a 1973 240z. after getting it in the garage and the engine pulled for inspection noticed some bent valves and a wiped lobe on the cam. One of our members happened to have a 1994 LT1. Found a TH400 on craigslist for $70 and we are close lol kinda. we are going carbureted so the search for the one and only intake manifold has begun heres some pics of whats we got.

datsun6.jpg

what she looked like when we picked it up

car_int.jpg

with the interior stripped out

IMAG0391.jpg

the LT1

IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0406.jpg

the LT1 stripped down

IMAG0410.jpg

the Turbo 400

AWESOME. Im doing the same engine in my 78 280Z. I have the GMPP LT1 carb conversion intake on mine already. You have to weld the Opti-spark hole on the front of the timing cover incase you dont know. The problem Im running into is where to mount the alternator. I hear the JTR kit mounts the alternator so low that it hits the frame rail. Let me know what you find out

Is this your first lemons car? If so you are going to have so much fun. My buddies and I have done a bunch of races in our area. We are know as the kielbasa kids ad goin nuclear. We run a 89 Honda civic sedan which is very competitive until we smoked the motor last race in CT. Sucks because we wanted to defend our overall win title at new Hampshire motor speedway. Sadly all of us have little time now we have families.

Good luck guys on building a car. Do z cars still get a pass a bs inspection for being a z car?

What license do you need to participate in Lemons?

Is there only one series or multiple?

What locations do they run at?

Is there anything else I would need to consider if I were thinking of flying over from Australia, Buying a car, competing and flying back?

Is there anything else I would need to consider if I were thinking of flying over from Australia, Buying a car, competing and flying back?

heh its open to anyone just need to purchase the lemons drivers licence, the races are held from onside of the us to the other, heres a link to the rules. safty is their biggest thing.

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/pricesandrules.aspx

Is this your first lemons car? If so you are going to have so much fun. My buddies and I have done a bunch of races in our area. We are know as the kielbasa kids ad goin nuclear. We run a 89 Honda civic sedan which is very competitive until we smoked the motor last race in CT. Sucks because we wanted to defend our overall win title at new Hampshire motor speedway. Sadly all of us have little time now we have families.

Good luck guys on building a car. Do z cars still get a pass a bs inspection for being a z car?

yups this is out first build for Lemons. yah it looks like a bunch of fun we have a guy who has been in a couple races. lol well they said if we did a supercharged slant 6 we would be lol so far we are looking pretty good budget wise

Edited by darkhaven

Honestly I would suggest finding a seat on a team. A lot of teams have cars and sell seats. What's good about it you don't have to build a car and you are not responsible if it breaks. My team sold a slot when we did a 24 hour race at Nelson ledges in Ohio.

Here is a link to the forum where people advertise openings...

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewforum.php?id=11